Joe Ceglia, Director of Athletics, Health & Physical Education
Athletic Participation Procedures For Winter Season
• To be eligible to tryout/practice for a sport, each student must be registered online with FamilyID:
• YOU MUST UPLOAD A VALID DIGITAL COPY OF YOUR CHILD'S PHYSICAL TO THEIR FAMILYID
REGISTRATION EACH SEASON. HARD COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• A valid physical is one that does not expire before the start of practices/tryouts (see dates below).
• PLEASE double check to make sure you've registered your child for the correct sport.
• ImPACT Baseline Testing is done at home: please pay special attention to the registration requirement for
do-it-at-home ImPACT baseline testing for incoming 7th, 9th and 11th graders AND first time Rye Neck athletes ONLY.
• October 15 - FamilyID Registration Opens for Varsity and JV Sports
• November 3 - FamilyID Registration Opens for Modified Sports
• November 5 - Deadline for FamilyID registration for Varsity/JV sports
• November 12 - Varsity and JV tryouts begin
• November 18 - Modified Ice Hockey tryouts begin
• November 19 - Modified Sports Info Meeting for 7th & 8th graders in the Dining Hall (3:00 PM)
• November 20 - Deadline for FamilyID registration for Modified sports
• December 2 - Modified tryouts/practices begin
WINTER SPORTS OFFERINGS
• Boys' Basketball - Varsity, JV & Modified
• Girls' Basketball- Varsity, JV & Modified
• Bowling (Boys & Girls) - Varsity ONLY
• Indoor Track - Varsity & Modified
• Boys' Swimming and Diving - Varsity ONLY and MERGED with Rye HS and Blind Brook
• **Ice Hockey - Varsity & Modified - Merged with Blind Brook/Harrison/Port Chester
Prior communication with Mr. Ceglia required for participation
• Varsity practices held over the Holiday Recess (December 21 - January 5) are at the discretion of
each team's coach and are considered mandatory for team participants. Athletes missing practices
during the Holiday Recess will be subject to team discipline. This policy does not apply to JV athletes.
• There are no modified activities during the Holiday Recess.
• Contact the Athletic Department at 914-777-4896 with questions.
For more detailed instructions, please click here
To sign up and eventually register for the spring season (CLICK HERE)
HAVING ANY REGISTRATION QUESTIONS OR ISSUES?
Website and Registration Help
888-800-5583 x1 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Center Hours
• Fall Season: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM
• Winter Season: Monday thru Friday from 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM
• Spring Season: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM
• NCAA Eligibility Video
• College Athletics Recruiting Information
• SAANYS Special Report: Student Vaping - A Growing Threat to Student Health